The warm spring weather is such a nice and welcomed change from the dreary, cold winter. Along with that warmth, however, comes pollen and other allergens that can make some individuals feel very miserable and uncomfortable. Regularly scheduled carpet cleaning can keep allergens at bay and help everyone feel a whole lot better. Spring is a time for a fresh start with carpet cleaning services, and Northwest ServiceMaster in Fridley, MN, is sure to get you feeling like yourself again and give your home or business a fresh, clean look.
For starters, there are several spring cleaning tips to help alleviate allergens:
- Know what triggers your allergies, such as pollen, dust mites, mold, or pet dander
- Use a damp cloth when dusting to trap the dust. Dusting with a dry cloth or a feather duster simply pushes the dust around and doesn’t trap it
- Don’t use cleaning agents containing strong chemicals or perfumed scents
- Be sure there are no standing water sources as they can be a breeding ground for mold. For example, did you experience water in your basement this spring? Does your carpet and padding feel damp? If so, purchase a dehumidifier to keep the area dry
- Vacuum and dust often, particularly entryways and high traffic areas, and vacuum your furniture on a regular basis
- Change your furnace filter at least twice per year, more often if you have pets
- Clean your carpets thoroughly at least once per year, more often in high traffic areas and entryways
If your carpets look dingy, feel moist, or are filled with stains, hire a professional carpet cleaning service to clean, refresh, and revive them. Northwest ServiceMaster in Fridley, MN specializes in carpet cleaning services. With our advanced equipment and products we can alleviate allergic reactions and ensure your carpets look new again. Spring is a time for a fresh start with freshly cleaned carpets, not only for the beauty, but for your overall health as well. For the best in professional carpet cleaning services in Fridley, MN, contact Northwest ServiceMaster today at (651) 644-3531.